I was tagged by Charity at All Things Hold Together for a meme, and since she’s never tagged me for anything and since I haven’t been too great about posting lately I obliged. Here goes:
What was I doing ten years ago?
(Since all the rest of this meme has to do with fives – why is this question ten?? Just wondering…)
Ten years ago today I was living the newlywed life. I had been married for exactly 25 days (if you count August 1st itself) and I was about to start or had just started my first “real job” in the big city, learning how to drive in city traffic and getting used to city life (and loving it.) We were kinda broke the first couple months of marriage (since we paid rent for two apartments that first month) but we were happy. My favorite thing about that time period is that my husband and I used to relax on Saturdays spending lots of time together playing Playstation, watching movies and–well, you don’t need to know the rest. Point is,… with three kids – our Saturday mornings look completely different now!
Five snacks I enjoy:
- chips & salsa
- chips & pico
- chips & guacamole
- chips & queso
- chips & chili con queso
Yeah, I’m just that picky.
Five things on my to-do list today:
Even though today is almost over I still have (more than) five things left on my to-do list.
- Clean the kitchen while listening to a sermon on podcast or air1.com.
- Write a blog post for Imperishable Beauty (cuz it’s been a while.)
- Write 4 scheduled posts for Faith Family Homeschool for the rest of this week.
- Create a sidebar graphic for my Preschool FreeSources.
- Work on the Kindergarten FreeSources because they are long overdue!
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
Be debt free.
Minister to others without the financial limitation I have now.
Invest and prepare for mine and my children’s futures.
Do my best to not let the money “change” me – which goes hand in hand with remembering that I’m a financial steward for the financial blessings God gives me.
And just because, take that “honeymoon to Venice” we didn’t get to have that I’d always dreamed of. 🙂
Five jobs I have had:
- Fast food (DQ)
- Data Entry
- Administrative Assistant
- Office Manager
But these days I’m all about being a Full Time Stay Home Wife/Mom/Teacher/Chef/Maid, etc. Or in other words.. a Chief Everything Officer. Unfortunately, I don’t get paid for overtime. 😉
Five of my bad habits:
You really wanna know? OKAY!!
- Talking too much.
- Not wearing my glasses half the time.
- Spending too much time on the computer.
- Sleeping in late.
Five places I have lived:
I think I’ve only lived in five different cities ever!
- Bakersfield, CA
- before that I think there was Somewhere-else, CA but was too young to recall… if not, then there’s only 4!
- Lewisville, Texas
- Las Colinas, Texas
- the town I live in now – HA! You thought I was going to say, didn’t you?!
Five people I would like to get to know better:
- and you, and you, and you, and you!
(So, basically, if you want to play along, go post your own post and then come back and comment here with a link!!)
Five random things about me:
- Since I mentioned my childhood in California, I’ll throw this one into the mix – the smell of potting soil makes me think of playing in the dirt in Bakersfield. (The dirt in Texas isn’t the same. Seriously.)
- In high school and college I had a 2 1/2 octave comfortable singing range. Now it’s more like two octaves. Not practicing will do that.
- Back then the upper half of my range was my most comfortable. Now it’s the lower half. Age will do that.
- Certain words and phrases will cause me to burst out in song.
- I’m already thinking about fall and fall decorating and all that. I can’t wait for it to get here!
Now go forth and converse!
Prove it!!! 🙂
I know, I initially wrote. “It’s a salary position – no paid overtime.” And typically, CEO’s who gets hugs and kisses as a perk with their job usually get in trouble, hehe.
That’s the good thing about being a mom – tons of hugs and kisses are part and parcel of the job. 🙂
Couple of things…
I know where you live… in fact… I know EXACTLY where you live… I could prove it to you if you like.
Second, most CEO’s don’t get overtime either, they are salaried. Their salary is a little more than yours though. However, you get something they don’t get for their job… Kisses!!!!! And those are priceless… especially when they come with two tiny arms that wrap around your neck.
we live in las colinas now… that makes me feel all connected to you! is that weird? i’m not stalking i promise, LOL!