My. Brain. Is. Fried. But I still have to have a plan of attack for this week. Otherwise, well, it won’t be pretty.
Last week was crazy-busy. I think this week will be more calm, which helps!
1.) Bible Study: I got my new devotional bible in the mail today – YAY!! It’s not organized by date, but it IS divided into days, Monday, Tuesday, etc. Each day has a section of scripture and a small devotional. I’m really looking forward to using this. I also need to pick my prayer journal back up again to keep me on top of praying diligently for others.
2.) “MUST Do” List:
- Stick to my daily schedule (as God allows) for morning devotions, taking care of the home and home-schooling. Working on organizational challenge in between.
- Call and pay bills on Tuesday, go to Post Office and mail Etsy order.
- Princess’ 2nd grade assessment test (we had to reschedule from last Friday.)
- Iron Big Daddy’s clothes for each day, as a labor of love.
3.) Taking Care of My Home:
Daily Chores and then focus on these areas for weekly chores. Our new laundry system is working out great! We’re definitely going to keep this up.
- Monday – Kitchen; Wash towels, tablecloths, etc.
- Tuesday – Dining Room; The girls wash and put away their own laundry.
- Wednesday – Living Room; Wash Momma’s laundry. Little Prince helps wash and put away his laundry.
- Thursday – Master Bedroom; Wash all bed sheets, put them back on the beds.
- Friday – Kids’ Rooms; Wash Big Daddy’s laundry & Whites
- Saturday – Bathrooms; Clean Up Yard/Car
4.) Training My Children:
- Daily basics for Drama Queen.
- More review for 2nd grade assessment test for Princess.
- We plotted all our info for the bar graphs and made one of them. I’ll try to get those up for y’all sometime this week. 😉
5.) Menu Plan Monday
Did I mention I’m brain fried? I really don’t want to think about this. In fact, I’m not even sure I know when I’ll go to the store or what my budget will be. SO… what I’ll do is plan the dinners, cheap ones, and then later I’ll go from there. That sounds like a plan. Big Daddy is still on a chicken strike so I’ll figure that in, too. 😉
- Monday – Rice, Beans, Cornbread (already have all those.)
- Tuesday – Baked Potato Soup (already have everything for that.)
- Wednesday – Mock Chicken Noodle Soup (a.k.a. no actual chicken, just chicken broth, pasta and vegetables, have this too.)
- Thursday – Crockpot pork loin and veggies.
- Friday – Homemade pizza & Salad
- Saturday – Beef Enchiladas, Spanish Rice, Salad
- Sunday – Breakfast for Dinner
Monday Meanderings is hosted by Tiany and Menu Plan Monday is hosted by Laura. Thanks ladies!
Tina – LOL. Well, he’s never liked chicken. Maybe you get lucky once or twice in a row but at some point you’re going to get gristle or fat in your mouth, and that makes him gag, grosses him out. And then he can’t finish his plate or eat chicken without thinking about it for a while. Well,… I have started making chicken more and more frequently because it’s easier to cook healthier with chicken than ground beef, which as you know, is his main meat staple. I’m super diligent about trimming the chicken as lean as possible so there’s… Read more »
For being fried, it still looks like a great week ahead. Hope all goes well! And isn’t it great when you can menu plan from the cabinet?!
I like your plan of attack on home cleaning/maintence. If I were to put a plan like that into action….well, my home would be a whole lot better and I may actually have less guilt about not having a cleaner and more organized home. Now there’s an idea!!!! 🙂
I think your menu sounds great! I wish I could think of a menu like that with a fried brain!
You must be a very organized lady! Best wishes to you in accomplishing God’s will for your family this week.
Ha! I think I just know how to LOOK organized. 😛
Thanks for uplifting comments! 🙂
I love your menu plan for the week everything sounds great. Stop by some time and visit me at http://www.organizedhomemakingforchrist.blogspot.com
i think I missed something, why the chicken strike?