I’ve tried this before. Ya know, making a reading list for the new year.
It didn’t work so well.
But I’m trying again. Anyway. So there. I already have more than enough unread (and unfinished!) books on my shelf to read a different one each month. So that’s the plan.
The first one, I’m actually already a couple chapters into, so it should be an easy start, right?
- January ~ The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace *
- February ~ Praise Her in the Gates by Nancy Wilson
- March ~ Lies Women Believe by Nancy Leigh DeMoss *
- April ~ A Mom After God’s Own Heart by Elizabeth George
- May ~ The Mission of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson
- June ~ Teach Them Diligently by Lou Priolo *
- July ~ Desiring God by John Piper *
- August ~ The Pleasures of God by John Piper
- September ~ Battling Unbelief by John Piper
- October ~ The Power of Prayer in a Believer’s Life by Charles Spurgeon
- November ~ 10 Questions to Diagnose Your Spiritual Health by Donald S. Whitney *
- December ~ Don’t Waste Your Life by John Piper *
Whew! That’s not an easy list!! We’ll see how far I can get this time. 😉
What’s on YOUR reading list for 2009? Have you read any of these? What did you think of them?* Begun but never finished, either by a little or a lot. **Update: How am I doing?? Horrible! It’s taking me much longer to finish a book than I anticipated between housekeeping and homeschooling and blogging and all that. I may have to, um, reconsider my list. This may end up being a list for 2009-2010. Then again.. maybe I can catch up. Who knows?? ….
Very interesting titles! I haven’t read any of those! I’ll have to check those out. I don’t have a reading list for this year, but I do have a few books I haven’t started yet, and a few started and unfinished as well (Jesus the Christ and Of Plymouth Plantation). Maybe I’ll add have to make a list and add some of these too!
Wow! Great list! I have read none of those, so I look forward to your review. I would like to say I have time to read a new book each month, but with four kids, homeschooling and a business, reading NEW books has gone by the wayside. Instead I tend to pick up books I have already read.
Amanda’s last blog post..Great After Christmas Sale
I’m sooo not able to keep reading lists, which is strange as much as I love to read. I dunno, I think it makes me feel like someone is telling me what to read (even if it IS my own list) so some inner child in me rebels. teehee
Jack’s Mommy’s last blog post..Jack’s Recent Holiday & 8 Month Photos