24 hours left in 2010! Yikes!
It’s not that I’m sad to see 2010 go, it’s just that I can’t believe it has flown by this quickly. Again, YIKES!
I guess the older you get the faster the years fly. Not that, ya know, I’m getting OLD or anything. Moving on…
As I look back on 2010, I really can’t complain or find much fault with it. It’s not like years past where I yelled at the year as it passed “And don’t let the door hit you on your way out!” I know that we are very blessed to be able to say “2010 was a good year” in an economy like this. Believe me, I know.
To continue in last year’s tradition, here’s a few high’s and low’s from 2010:
- No major illnesses or broken bones!
- Princess turned 10! Double digits!
- Had a great visit from my Father-In-Law & his wife (whom we hadn’t seen in about 4 years)
- Drama Queen finally got the hang of swimming
- Started going to a new church, with Hubs, as a family!! (That’s a biggie!)
- Princess got glasses – she can see better now, all the better to do her schoolwork with, mwahaha!
- We discovered the beauty of doing school in a real school room (as opposed to at the dining table or couch)
- I learned to make and can jelly. =)
- Bought a “new” used car – finally!
- Little Prince finally took an interest in reading & writing letters
- Finally found a math curriculum that clicked for Princess
The Not So Good
- Our “good” car became not so good — but that’s okay because we bought the “new” used car and we needed that!
- We didn’t get to move out of this old rent house. BOO. =(
- We discovered Princess needs glasses, which I wish she didn’t need, but hey she sure picked out some cute frames.
- I didn’t finish reading the bible all the way through – AGAIN.
- I bailed on exercising and failed to lose my excess weight – AGAIN.
- There were a lot of other projects I started and never finished, too.
- None of my container garden survived (but hey, two baby oak trees did!)
Some of my favorite photos from 2010:
So goodbye 2010, you’ve been good to us. Hello, 2011!! What do you have in store for us this new year?