Hello, Friday! Another weekend is here. Our plans? Not much. This was “the week of very little sleep.” Last night, for the first time in at least a week, I actually got 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep! One night really isn’t enough to recover from a week though – so I’m really hoping for a repeat tonight. 😉
Since I missed last week, I really have a lot of good stuff for ya. I think I’ll try to categorize it a bit. Here goes!
Classic Housewife News:
- I posted my Homemade Baked Potato Soup Recipe on the fan page.
- I’m still open for discussion on this topic at my discussion board.
- Don’t forget to come back on Monday for my Halloween special. Get ready to link up your traditions and feel free to send me links to good articles.
- I’m asking for your bean suggestions at my other blog. Coffee beans that is. 😉
In the News:
- There’s been a lot of talk about Google Wave around the internet this week. What is Google Wave?
- You probably heard them: Gasps as Obama Awarded Nobel Peace Prize
- A sad story: Faith-healing parents charged with death of their infant son.
- Mark Driscoll on ABC Nightline: Celebrity Culture and Worshipping False Idols
- Yahoo! Finance: FTC-Bloggers, testimonials need better disclosure
- Fox News: Woman Disabled By Seasonal Flu Shot Reaction
Good Blog Posts:
- Real Life: Flirty Apron Review and Giveway
- Vita Familiae: A Quick Columbus Day Lesson via Youtube
- Keeping the Kingdom First: Fighting the Flu the Frugal Way
Homeschool Related Stuff:
- Funny Homeschool Mom Cartoon
- November is National Novel Writing Month. Participating in the NaNoWriMo’s Young Writer’s Program would be a great way to build creative writing skills. And their downloadable workbooks are really great!
- Texas Homeschool Coalition: Preparing Our Sons to Serve
- From HSLDA: Sweden – The next Germany for Homeschoolers?
Other Good Stuff:
- Youtube: Rapping Flight Attendant on Southwest Airlines
- Download the latest version of Tweetdeck here, it’s better than ever. (And then follow me @AmberOliver 😉
- Steamy Kitchen: No-Knead Bread Recipe
- Youtube: The Voca People
- Snopes: Ingestion of alcohol-based hand sanitzer CAN result in alchohol poisoning in children. TRUE.
So now what? Now it’s YOUR turn! You can do one of two things (or both!)
- If you have a link-love post you’ve written sharing good links you’ve found, link it up!
- Or if you’ve got a favorite article you’ve written this week that you’ve like us to read – anything at all – link it up!
(Don’t you like how easy this is?!) Plus, I like to Stumble posts I like. =) Add a link back to this post at the bottom of yours and your readers can get back here to find all the other good stuff. MckLinky will stay open all week!