It’s cliche but it’s true, it’s how I feel these days, one day flying by and careening into the next before I can blink an eye, wondering where the heck the day went, as one day passes and another and another and another until a week a has flown by and disappeared and is gone forever. And what do I have to show for it?
This week we were unusually busy, with two playdates and a trip to the lake with our homeschool group, but it was good and I even managed to get a little more ahead on the house, finish one of the workbox systems for the new school year and compile a reading list for Princess. Busy, busy, busy.
My brain is exploding with everything else I’m supposed to be working on. And the days are flying by so fast! But enough about me – what about you? Did you find anything good on the ‘net this week? Here are some interesting things I found:
In the “News”
- Get Ready to Feel Old – a list of things this years incoming college freshman class does and does not know. For example, “Help! I’ve fallen and I can’t get up!“
- Babies born in hospital corridors, lifts and bathrooms?
- 10 yr old bride returned to 80 yr old husband.
- Woman kidnapped eighteen years ago at the age of eleven is reunited with her family.
- This graphic but poignant “Don’t Text and Drive” video, a PSA from Wales, is floating around the internet, pulling no punches about the dangers of texting while driving. (DON’T DO IT.) I also found this news story catching bus drivers in he act of texting, one of whom rear ended a car in front of him. There are countless others. (Again, please DON’T DO IT!)
- Court forces homeschooled girl to attend public school to be exposed to other religious viewpoints.
Freebies & Deals
- Free Bath & Body Works lip item – via Coupon Cravings
- Free Twitter Buttons
- 1 & 1 Internet (the hosting company I use and am very happy with) has a 1st Year Free deal that ends August 31st
Okay, so now it’s your turn. What kind of fun stuff did you find while passing the quickly passing time? Share a post, (pretty much anything because it’s kind of open ended that way) and let us know about the goodies you found online, the goodies you made, the good things that happend to you this week.. You know the drill.
But do it quick, because Monday will be here before you know and this linky will open be open over the weekend! Happy linking, y’all.