This year for the girls’ birthdays (only a month apart) I pulled strings and coordinated both sides of the family together for the first time in order to buy them one, large gift: a trampoline! I am So. Glad. I. Did. We’ve been having so much fun together, as a family, without tv, or anything electronic for that matter, and that is a really good thing.
We’ve been jumping for a bit in the mornings after breakfast and before school and again after dinner before baths and bedtime. Not only is it a great way to spend time together, but it’s also a great way to get some exercise and expend some energy!
I’m sure the excitement of “new” will fade, but I also think that as long as we continue to go outside together as a family, it’ll be fun and entertaining.
I didn’t have a trampoline growing up, and neither did most of my friends, so I’m not an experienced trampoline-jumper. Several of my children’s friends have them and I knew they’d love one from seeing their faces while playing at their friends’ houses.
I’ve already learned a lot about jumping on trampolines. Oh yes, it’s not quite as straight-forward as one might think, there are many intricacies and nuances. You see:
- GUM and TRAMPOLINES do not mix.
- You can get a trampoline-burn on the top of your foot, much like a carpet burn, if you crawl around on all fours chasing your children like a tiger.
- But if you crawl around on all fours chasing them like a tiger, they will automatically burst into a fit of giggles.
- If you’ve borne three children (give or take one or two) it’s important to visit the little girls’ room before jumping on the trampoline.
- If you don’t, you’ll have to get right back off to go visit the little girls’ room.
- If you don’t regularly exercise, and you’re 29 years old, and you have three children, (and your name happens to be Amber,) and you decide to play on the trampoline with your children for half an hour or more,… you’ll probably be a little stiff and sore the next day.
I’m not quite as young and agile as I used to be.
But it sure was fun. 😉