It’s Wednesday. That doesn’t really mean a whole lot other than that it’s also Works for Me Wednesday and I’ve got a big fat nothin. Now surely that can’t be COMPLETELY true. SOMETHING around here has to be working, right?
You’d think. And yet I’m drawing a big, fat, blank. It might be the backed up laundry and dishes distorting my view, just sayin’.
We’ve been sick, though. The kind of sick that gets ya run down, makes ya dog tired and affects your Want To and Care To. YOU KNOW WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT. So maybe I’m not putting in the work to get those other things done but I’ll tell you what HAS worked around here the last few days, to make sure that food gets cooked and people have clothes to wear.
Pretty Much All That’s ‘Workin’ For Us This Week:
- When we got sick we were caught up on housework, dishes and laundry because we were doing our necessary daily upkeep – that’s important to note.
- Making sure that we get a minimum amount of work done each day, so that even if we still get behind we keep things moving.
buy vilitra online buy vilitra no prescription
Basically at least a load of laundry a day and a load of dishes a day will keep us with things to wear and eat on until we can get caught up again.
- Focusing on what we can do, not what we aren’t getting done, so Momma doesn’t stress out.
- Taking at least 30 minutes (setting a timer) for picking up around the house to make sure that we don’t get buried under clutter and things that didn’t get put away because we “didn’t feel like it.”
- Not focusing on all the things that didn’t get done, worth repeating.
- Resting, drinking lots of water and eating healthy foods, so as to HOPEFULLY get out strength back soon!
buy finasteride online buy finasteride no prescription
- Did I mention not focusing on everything that doesn’t get done?
You may have noticed a theme there. Get done what you can get done. Don’t worry about what you don’t. Take care of yourself so you can get better.
I’m bummed that we’d been doing well with KEEPING the house cleaner and now it’s not, but I know that we got there once and we can get back there when we get our energy back.
It seems that there are several things going around our town right now, and not just our town but people in other places, too, if Facebook and Twitter are any indication. It’s a no brainer, but if you’re under the weather, too.. this is my advice to you. Especially the “don’t fret” part. Sometimes we just need a reminder.
So this is what’s working for me – what’s working for you? Tell me. And if you wrote a post, leave a link. And link up at Kristen’s. Next week I plan on feeling better and you never know, your tip might be something I’d interested in. 😉
Good advice. It is so true in so many areas of life!
I sooo needed to hear this today. Sometimes I get caught up in thinking I can’t get it all done and then get discouraged.
Have a great day!
Sometimes we just need to cut ourselves some slack and get healthy again. Housework will always be there 🙂 Get well soon!
Hi there! Niki here, from over at Free 2 Be Frugal, stopping by from Works for Me Wednesday.
I love your post! Oh man, I needed to read this today. I just got over being out sick for a week from work and then was away for the weekend full of wedding festivities with family. Now it is mid-week and I am still dog-tired and overwhelmed. Thanks for the wonderful reminders.
Stop by and visit me when you get the chance.
Boy, good words to live by. I love the measured ideas of getting what you can done.