I’ve been working on the blog a lot for the past few weeks. I’ve cleaned up the side bar, I’ve updated pages, I’ve been cleaning up categories and working on SEO.
It’s TEDIOUS. It’s also kind of depressing.
- It reminds me of “the old days” when blogging was more conversational, and I miss that.
- I find old “about me” posts and I realize how much has changed, or stayed the same, and I get nostalgic.
- Re-writing my “About Me” page made me realize that it’s even harder than it used to be.
Maybe it’s the week-long head cold talking, but I feel the urge to go completely old school today. Just for fun.
Thirty Things About Me
(New things which I don’t think I’ve listed on a previous list before…)
- I drink coffee without sugar. I’ve been drinking coffee since high school, and always with cream and sugar. A few years ago I quit adding sugar to my coffee and I’ve been drinking it with only half & half ever since. I love the bold flavor.
- I am NOT a morning person. When I wake up, it takes at least thirty minutes for my brain to be fully awake and for me to be fully social. If I’m provoked during this thirty minute period,…wellll,…don’t poke the bear.
- I frequently get migraines – either from tension, allergies, or hormones. Strong coffee, Excedrin, and a good nap is the only cure.
- I have a fascination with FriXion pens. I love any good pen that write smooth, really, because I love writing with pen and paper. Call me old fashioned if you will.
- When I was in 8th grade, I went through a fountain pen phase. I did all my school work, all of my creative writing, with a fountain pen. My favorite color of ink to buy for it was PURPLE. (It was 8th grade, what can I say?)
- I’m often incredibly indecisive. It drives my family nuts. My mom rarely goes shopping with me because of it. =p
- Other times, I’m stubbornly decisive. (It also drives my family nuts.) (I like to think I’m decisive when it really counts. I hope?)
- I think I have about a bajillion unfinished journals. (Or at least a dozen..) Journaling is something I’ve always wished I could do but have never been able to keep doing.
- Several years ago I hurt my back, and now I don’t have to mop anymore. =) It’s true! I went through a series of chiropractor appointments and regained the majority of my mobility and abilities, but there is something about mopping (bending forward and pushing forward) that makes it flare up and hurt again. So I let the kids do all the mopping.
- I’ve had an interest in taking pictures since 6th grade, but never gotten serious about learning photography. But my daughter has a really big interest in photography so now we can learn together. #HomeschoolingForTheWin 😉
- I’ve lived the rural life and the city life both, and I liked both, but I prefer the country life.
- On the other hand, I don’t care for country western music, country western wear, or country western decor. It’s not my cup of tea. (Sorry. 🙁 )
- I watch a lot of Netflix. I watch while cleaning and folding laundry, too. I have a lot of favorite shows, and a good number of those are BBC shows. My husband doesn’t share my interest in BBC tv. 😉
- When I was in junior high, we spent a few summers at my great-grandmother’s house, and I used to love typing on her old typewriter. I liked the clack of the keys, the smell of the machine and paper. I would sit and write poetry and short stories for hours. I’ve seen the computer keyboards that look like typewriters and it would be fun to have one–if they weren’t so expensive!
- I love a good mystery! As a kid I fancied the Nancy Drew novels. As a teenager I read Agatha Christie. A lot of the BBC shows I watch fit this description, too. My brain likes to try to figure them out, I think, and likes the challenge.
- When I turn 40 next year, I want to do something fun and wild with my hair. “Forty” gets a bad rap, it’s the first birthday where people start telling you that you’re old. So I figure I will get a fun ‘do in protest of the idea of being “old.”
- I worry about everything. Pretty much everything.
- I dislike cooking. I don’t enjoy it, but I do it.
- I could live on sandwiches and cereal at least 90% of the time. (See number 18.) But my family can’t, so that’s not an option. 😉
- I have a short temper. I’m working on that. It’s hard.
- I enjoy board games, all kinds. One of the things I like about playing board games is the social aspect, laughing with friends, having a good time.
- I love cilantro. A lot people say it tastes like soap. Hogwash! It takes like deliciousness. =)
- I’m really good at Scrabble–but not unbeatable, and I don’t care if I lose. I have some “Words With Friends” friends who can kick my butt, but I enjoy the challenge.
- I have trouble getting rid of things, especially if an item was a gift. I’m not a hoarder, and I don’t hold attachment to items, I just don’t know what to do with them and I have “waste” issues (so I don’t want to trash everything I don’t want.) I always have stacks or piles or bags of stuff that needs to go… somewhere…
- I don’t read enough anymore. I blame my cell phone.
- I’m becoming increasingly more forgetful, and it’s scary. I’ve always had such a good memory!
- I use essential oils a lot, and have for years before it gained its recent popularity. I’m oily-ish. I don’t drink them though, so I’m not completely oily. =p
- I love my kids so much, and I’m having trouble with them growing up! I actually like having teenagers, for the most part. And I am not looking forward to an empty nest at all. I’m going to be sad.
- I like to make lists. (Exhibit A: this post!)
- I don’t know how to dance, but I like to dance around the house when nobody is looking. =)
Ah, there! That was a bit more work than I anticipated. What about you? How do you take your coffee? Cilantro good or bad? Do you like BBC tv, do you enjoy cooking, do you dance?
Photo by Daniel McCullough on Unsplash
Purple fountain pen in 8th grade? ME, TOO. Cilantro = delicious? ME,TOO. A hubby who doesn’t appreciate my love of BBC tv? ME, TOO. (I don’t watch much of anything, ever, but I love BBC shows when I watch them) Don’t enjoy cooking but do it anyway? ME, TOO. I do like baking. Good at Scrabble but not unbeatable? ME, TOO. The thing about Scrabble is I find good words but can’t get enough high point words. Also, I taught my husband the game and he beats me all the time – and English is his second language. It drives… Read more »
There’s a real element of strategy to Scrabble! It’s not just about finding the words. I have a super challenging friend on Words With Friends and sometimes it’s better to block the triple word scores so neither of us can reach them, rather than trying to get to one myself. It’s like chess. =p
Ha! She is so right, I don’t go shopping with her. And google it, the cilantro/soap thing is real….who knew?!. Some folk are missing something essential and as a result cilantro tastes like soap to them.
I know, it’s weird! And sad. Because cilantro is so tasty.
[…] week I mentioned in my 30 Things About Me post that I’ve had an interest in taking pictures since 6th grade, when someone gave me my […]
[…] I mentioned that I just don’t know how to process it all and get rid of it. It’s not that I’m a hoarder, because I have no attachment to this stuff at all. […]