Last week was pretty productive, now we just need to keep that up! It’s a busy week that lies ahead, especially since the girls have extra ballet classes this week, to make up for a class that got snowed-out in March. They normally have class on the same day, but their makeup classes are on different days so that’ll add a lot to our schedule.
1.) Bible Study: Morning devotions using this site to study my bible chronologically.
2.) “MUST Do” List:
- Stick to my daily schedule (as God allows) for morning devotions, taking care of the home and home-schooling.
- I finished sorting and organizing all the papers and bills last week. I have a few things left in the action pile that must be taken care of this week.
- Take the girls to ballet, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday!!
- Iron Big Daddy’s clothes for each day, as a labor of love.
3.) Taking Care of My Home:
This week I’m going to try to take care of as many monthly chores as possible, so the schedule will be a bit different.
Daily Chores and then focus on these areas for weekly chores:
- Monday – Kitchen; Wash Lights
- Tuesday – Dining Room; Wash Darks
- Wednesday – Living Room; Wash Towels & Little Prince’s Bedding
- Thursday – Master Bedroom & Bathroom; Wash Lights & Master Bedding
- Friday – Kids’ Rooms; Wash Darks & Girls’ Bedding
Saturday has a smaller list of daily chores anyway, so we’ll do that and then tackle the monthly chores.
- Saturday – Wash Whites; Monthly household chores
4.) Training My Children:
- Daily basics (Math, Grammar, Handwriting, Spelling, Reading)
- History – Ancient Rome – Go to the library and get more books, too!
- Science – Plant reproduction and growth.
- Life Lessons from the Princess and the Kiss
5.) Menu Plan Monday:
There were a lot of substitutions and switcheroos last week and some things are still available for this week:
- Monday – Cereal & Fruit; Leftovers & Veggies; Sliced Canteloupe; Porcupine Meatballs, Steamed Broccoli, Potatoes
- Tuesday – Biscuits & Gravy & Turkey Bacon; Deli Sandwiches, Chips, PIckle; Jello & Fruit; Chicken & Pasta, Veggies
- Wednesday: Cereal; Nacho Supremes; Granola Bars & Fruit; Dirty Rice with Sausage, Veggies, Cornbread
- Thursday: Oatmeal & Fruit; Tuna Salad & Crackers; Veggies & Ranch; Crockpot Stew & Bread Machine Corn Bread (Didn’t do this last week)
- Friday: Cereal & Fruit; Sandwiches, Chips; Popcorn; Homemade Pepperoni/Combo Pizzas, Salad, Homemade Cherry Limemades (Didn’t do this last week.)
- Saturday – Biscuits, Gravy, Turkey Bacon, Fruit; Frito Pies; Fruit Smoothies; Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Sunday – Cereal; Soft tacos, Guacamole; Fruit Salad; BBQ Chicken, Steamed Veggies, Mac N Cheese
Monday Meanderings is hosted by Tiany and Menu Plan Monday is hosted by Laura. Thanks ladies!
Here’s a recipe that I posted in the past (I should have linked to it), though sometimes I just use white rice and 1 egg and skip the bread crumbs. It’s versatile. If you like more sauce-covered-meat on your plate, this is the way to go.
Enjoy your week.
Your week sounds nice and organized! I forgot to mention to my kids about the cherry limeades last week! I will have to remind myself to make these! I know the kids will enjoy them.
Ellen – We love this recipe.. I hope you like it, too. I’ve been meaning to start trying other variations.. cinnamon and raisins, almonds and craisins.. but we just love the chocolate chip too much!! 😉
Mrs. Darling –
Oh, thank you! You too!
Let me know how they like the cherry limeades!
When I was at Wal-Mart last week I saw a bottle of cherry flavoring for snow cones… I’m considering buying it and trying that for the cherry flavor in the limeades.. what do you think? 🙂
Just curious – what are porcupine meatballs?
Hope you have a wonderful week!
I can’t wait to try your granola bar recipe. I’ve been looking for a good recipe that is lower on fat. This one looks really good.