First, a product review. A couple of weeks ago I talked about a website I found called mysavings.com and I also linked to a free Milk Matters coloring book that I requested. We’ve received the coloring books and I must say they were really cute and the girls really enjoyed them. The girls didn’t even realize they were learning anything, they just had fun coloring the characters as Princess read the story out loud. The coloring book included a chart of calcium rich foods which Princess colored and hung on the fridge. She now frequently asks me to serve those foods and asks me if what I am fixing for lunch has those things in it. My little health nut. 🙂
Another thing that I found online was a free Life of The Forest Educational Kit put out by International Paper. I received it about two weeks after I requested it, and it comes with several large posters and some really great little booklets that go from the life of a seed, to the parts of a tree, to how trees are used for wood and how forests are replenished. The whole thing looks really fantastic and I am planning a day to invite a bunch of our homeschooling friends over and do a group science lesson. It’ll be so much fun!
With those two great successes, I went back online in search of more free stuff and found these:
- Print these informative coloring pages that teach various safety practices from State Farm’s Kids’ Website. Also, order this free DVD to complement their Common Cents webpage for teaching good money habits.
- Choose between these two free activity books put out by the National Eye Institute.
- Use this free Texas Travel Guide along with this Travel Texas website to create a fun Geography project.
- Choose between this free Sesame Street Fire Safety coloring book or this free Fire Safety Activity Book from the United States Fire Administration website.
- This free software allows parents and teachers to create tests and quizzes on any subject they are working on.
- This free activity software includes a variety of games and puzzles to create for supplemental learning.
- The Home School Mom has a variety of free charts and forms for download, ranging from menu planners to assignment sheets.
Thanks for all of those great resources!!
That’s so thoughtful of you. Thank you.