Hello homeschool mothers! This was the week that was supposed to be a break… and it was. Sorta.
Homeschool Mother’s Journal
In my life this week…
Since we ended up doing some extra summer school this year, we’re taking a two week break between school years to rest up and prepare. The kids have done a lot of nothing this week, except for regular daily chores. I’ve been very busy with blogging stuff (like the mammoth Texas History post, among other things.)
By the end of the week, my August blogging calendar looks like this:
In our homeschool this week…
I was supposed to be de-cluttering curriculum and ordering new curriculum. So far, I’ve managed to list my used curriculum for sale and order Princess’ math. I really need to get on the ball with the rest of the stuff!
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
It’s probably not a good idea to wait to the last minute to order your curriculum, make lessons plans and print out your printables. Just sayin.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
We’re trying to take advantage of our break and visit some friends. We’re seeing some friends next Wednesday, but I need to make plans for some more. School will be back in session before I know it! (Oh, snap, I gotta prepare for the first day of school..)
My favorite thing this week was…
Playing scrabble with the kids, painting their nails, making lime jello and cherry lemonade jello and eating them together in the same bowl, reading Robin Hood … fun stuff like that. =)
What’s working/not working for us…
Working: A while back we adopted a “large family living” mentality of scheduled bath days for the kids. Like Amy said, of course there are exceptionally dirty days or other reasons why they need baths on non scheduled days,.. but having set days for baths, at minimum, has been working well. I really like this!
Things I’m working on…
I’m reviewing some things this week to tell you all about next week (for the Mommy Time Facebook party the following week.) I’m really excited about these! (The two apps, Motivated Moms and You Rule have already been very useful and helpful!)
I’m ordering another toner cartridge for the printer so I can print our printable things for the year, and I’m finishing ordering the rest of our curriculum.
- Kids, Chores & More
- Training Your Children In Home Economics
- Finishing up the book for our ladies’ bible study, One Simple Act. Only a couple more weeks of this left.
- Moving on to Chapter 3 of Surrender for the bible study with my mom and my grandmother.
- Robin Hood
Not much! It’s still hot here. Which is fine because that means I eat a lot of salad, fresh fruit and veggies, and good stuff like that. 🙂 I’m still eating healthy and tracking all of my food on My Fitness Pal.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
- Giveaway: Heritage History Review & Giveaway
- The Benefit of Using a Running Curriculum List (with printable)
- Giveaway: 25$ GC to Thirty One Bags, Granola Mom 4 God
- Homeschooling is Like Making Pancakes
- Tutorial: How to prevent your images from being pinned. (Whole blog, or specific images.)
- Giveaway: Ultimate Guides – Check out the list of “Ultimate” lists over at iHomeschool Network. PLUS. Every comment on every list in an entry into a giveaway from Apologia Press. Check it out.
- ebook sale: “So You Think You Wanna Homeschool” ebook on sale for $1.
Love the look of the salad! Is that Taco salad? Oh yes ordering curriculum late, been there and done that. This year I got mine a few weeks early and I did make out a daily schedule but I still didn’t do everything I probably could of to prepare. Guess I will see exactly where I could have planned better when we start on Monday.