Today is “back to school” for us. We took a rather lengthy (for us) Christmas and New Year vacation (almost three weeks!) and now it’s time to hit the books. Getting back in the groove is always difficult, and after a break of this length, it could be more so. But when I told the girls it was ‘back to school’ today they actually seemed quite excited.
One could only hope.
I have no doubt that Drama Queen will eagerly fill in every single one of her worksheets, after all she gets to enjoy dots to dots, hidden pictures and colorful mazes. 🙂 I doubt Princess will tackle a hundred math problems with as much glee. But I’ll be standing by her side marching her through encouraging her through every step.
So Princess’ tackle for today is to make it through the school day with enthusiasm.
My tackle for today is make it through the school day with joy, love, and the grace of God — and remember that training is my purpose and a joy not a thorn or a task to be survived.
Armor for my day:
- Proverbs 16:21 The wise in heart are called discerning, and pleasant words promote instruction.
- Proverbs 16:23 A wise man’s heart guides his mouth, and his lips promote instruction.
- Proverbs 14:1 The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.
- Proverbs 23:12 Apply your heart to instruction and your ears to words of knowledge.
- Psalm 127 Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain. It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest,
eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives to his beloved sleep. Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!
Update: First day back to school went pretty well. Princess took a little longer on the math than I would like, but she was doing that before the break as well, so that’s not news. On the other hand, she took a spelling assessment test and did very well! Drama Queen zipped through her worksheets and then I helped her practice writing her numbers and a few “-at” words. Hope tomorrow goes just as well! =)
Tackle It Tuesday is hosted by 5 Minutes for Mom!