Here at Classic Housewife, I value your privacy!
Classic Housewife is a personal blog about homeschooling and homemaking, created and run by Amber Oliver. I don’t sell, trade, or endanger your personal information in any way.
Though in the past I have run reviews and giveaways, I no longer offer these types of articles.
You can email any time with any question about privacy, cookies, data, or other privacy related questions.
What personal data may be collected and why:
For saving comments and detecting spam: When visitors leave comments on the site, the site will save the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
We use a comment plugin called WpDiscuz, which expands and adds functionality for blog commenters. This is a new addition that was recently added, which allows comments to register so their information can be saved and pulled up quickly. Alternatively, you can also comment as a Guest without registering. WpDiscuz doesn’t save your data, but uses data collected by Classic Housewife to improve the experience of the users, and is GDPR compliant. Features of this plugin include:
- Register to save your name, email address, Gravatar logo, etc. Gravatar logos will be cached and saved for 30 days so they don’t have to be retrieved from the Gravatar site each time you comment.
- Guest browser cookies will be saved for two days so that if you return in the next 48 hours for additional comments, you will automatically proceed as a Guest like before.
- You can edit, change, or remove your information or your comments at any time.
- You can choose to subscribe to additional comments on the post, replies to your comment, or both. You can cancel or edit these subscriptions at any time.
Media Safety Warning: If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website. At this time, Classic Housewife doesn’t offer the option of uploading media to comments.
Cookies for comments: If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. Please refer to the above section about the comments plugin that we use.
When you visit this site, you will be prompted with a Cookie-Accept notice. When you accept, your preference should be kept for one year, and you shouldn’t have to accept again. If you accept cookies but change your mind, you can revoke consent by clicking on the following button.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
In addition to the WordPress Site Statistics offered through the Jetpack plugin, we also run Google Analytics and Statcounter Stats–both of which have made necessary GDPR updates and have high measures of security. These programs don’t collect personally identifiable data, but rather track generic demographic data, such as pages visited, visit lengths, countries visited from, etc. All of the programs do hold and organize visitor data into readable graphs and charts of generic data.
Who we share your data with
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
This does not include some personal information (such as email addresses provided when leaving comments) which is stored in database backups on 3rd party sites used for web hosting, etc., and which sites are believed to be trustworthy, secure and confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information (such as visitors per month and other user demographics) may be provided to other parties for the purposes or partnering together for reviews, marketing, and other projects.
Additionally, if you choose to subscribe to our mailing list, that subscription information will be shared with our mailing host, MailChimp. You can request that your information be removed (unsubscribed) at any time.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How we protect your data
We protect your data by keeping our WordPress site up to date and secure, choosing trusted plugin sources, keeping secure username and passwords, and using protective plugins to prevent hacking and data theft.
What data breach procedures we have in place
Should it be discovered that Classic Housewife has been hacked or breached, (or any of the services that we use such as analytics and mail subscription services,) users would be notified via email immediately upon discovery of the breach.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
This policy was last modified on 10/27/22.
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing the website and participating here at Classic Housewife, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions, all applicable laws and regulations, and you agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws as well.
If you do not agree with any of the terms listed here, you should refrain from accessing any page at Classic Housewife or participate with the blog to any extent.
The materials provided on this blog are protected by copyright and are property of either Classic Housewife or a third party and used with permission and properly credited. No materials may be taken and redistributed without permission.
2. Use License
Blog users have permission to download one copy of materials provided at Classic Housewife for personal, non-commercial use. For homeschool use, items created by Classic Housewife may be printed in multiple copies for multiple children. However, users may not:
- modify or copy materials for the purpose of redistribution, sale or sharing
- use materials for any commercial use, or any public display
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software or items contained on Classic Housewife’s web site
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials, documents or images on Classic Housewife
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on another server
Sharing of information is encouraged. However, users may not:
- copy a whole blog post in it’s entirety. For SEO purposes, excerpts may be used but should not contain more than a few sentences. All quotes and excerpts should contain links to the original post
- re-use copyrighted images for their own purposes and blog posts. Images are copyrighted even if not watermarked. Images may be pinned and shared via Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook but should be linked to the original blog post. Images intended for sharing (buttons and banners for Classic Housewife and events) may be shared and posted on other blogs but should always include source code.
- share free downloads directly via email and other media. Users should direct others to the download page for the free materials.
The materials on Classic Housewife’s web site are provided “as is”. Classic Housewife makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Classic Housewife does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Classic Housewife be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on the Classic Housewife blog.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Classic Housewife could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Classic Housewife does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Classic Housewife may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Classic Housewife does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Classic Housewife reviews all items linked to at the time the link is created, but cannot guarantee the continued validity of the link and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The blog is periodically reviewed for broken links. Links may, however, function but not longer direct to the correct and original source. The inclusion of any link does not necessarily imply endorsement by Classic Housewife and use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk. If offensive or problematic links are discovered please contact and notify the blog owner.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to the Classic Housewife blog site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
These are the terms and conditions for user agreement with Classic Housewife.
I’m no longer writing paid reviews or sponsored posts. From this point on, you’ll find very little that needs to be disclosed. That said, there are affiliate links and sponsored posts from the past. I am in the process of deleting and revising many of these posts. Reviews and sponsored posts will always be indicated at the top and bottom of the post.
In reference to affiliate links, when I do use affiliate links I:
- Make sure that the information I’m offering is true, correct, and my own opinion.
- Post links to items and websites I feel positively about/think my readers will genuinely be interested in.
- Speak truthfully. If I say I bought, used, tried, or ordered something, I did.
- Welcome any feedback on items, offers and websites I link to – good or bad.
- Use an affiliate link for something I am already going to blog about if I have one.
- Indicate at the top of a post if affiliate links are used.
- Indicate at the bottom of the post whether I was compensated in some way other than through an affiliate link, such as a being given a free product to try or being given a book to review.